Thursday, April 8, 2010

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's edition of the Frugal Friday Linky Party! Today I wanted to share the magic of metallic spraypaint!

I am really loving metallic spraypaint right now! It saved me a fortune on our Master Bedroom Redo. Check this out...

I had basically used up my budget for the bedroom, but I still needed curtain rods...so I purchased two of the cheapest curtain rods at IKEA. Problem was...they were black. Since we redid the bedroom in white and dove gray, the black would have stuck out like a sore thumb. Enter brushed nickle metallic spraypaint from Krylon...and check out the curtain rods...PERFECT!




Same thing with the lamps we used in the room. We had a set of lamps with black and brushed nickle bases. Again, the black simply would not work...a coat of brushed nickle spraypaint and VOILA! The perfect lamps.



Finally, check out this makeover... The Hubby had wanted a vintage fan for ages. I found this great little fan at a junk store for a steal.

I kind of liked the aqua color, but it wasn't The Hubby's favorite. Pulled out that trusty can of spray paint, and look at the little fan now...I just love it!!



Now it's your turn! Link up with your great frugal decor projects...


You know "da rules".


1. Link directly to your post, and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so others can enjoy the frugal goodness.
3. Comment, comment, comment. Show our participants "the love"!


Now sit back and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment