Monday, April 26, 2010

Blog friends come by for the Studio Tour!



If you've been following, on Sat and Sun, I sort of invited the entire town to tour my place. :) My invite to everyone local to join in was HERE.

Oh, it was fun! It was like visiting with like minded friends all day long.. for TWO days!

Did they love the house? After I finally led them off the...


stairs, (they didn't fall over Polly, but pretty close!) they wandered through every room at their leisure.


Demos, well, I sorda did that. I had a master list on the wall and asked my guests to point to whatever they wished for me to teach them. But most were satisfied with just looking. Apparently there's alot to take in. I don't get it. I mean, isn't my place just normal? :)

And blog friends came by! To see my house! And me! And my mac jacket... I was asked a few times, "where's your jacket?" What. EVER. So I went and got it for the pictures below. I totally promise I don't wear this thing ALL the time. Just most of the time. :)

Wanna see who came over?!?



Catherine from Peace Love Sweater!

Catherine is a DOLL. And she lives sooo close to me. And I was soo touched when Catherine and her sis Cory came! Oh and she brought me gifts! Some cool looking bottles and Pottery Barn catalogues I can't get ahold of myself. SO COOL.

I knew pretty darn quick we three didn't have nearly enough time to natter about all things blog and decorating. They eventually left and I still had so much to say. So we'll have to do that again!

Oh! Catherine just added a post about our visit! Click HERE.




And here we have... the bottles from Catherine! Ok, that is true, but look who snatched MY fav jacket! This is Carrie from The Passionate Home!

Carrie has a lovely shabby chic kinda shop in Langley, BC, so if you are EVER out that way, you must stop in! Her website is HERE.


Rarely was there a moment of normalicy with Carrie around. (it was all HER I tell ya!) You should have seen  when she hit my bedroom. SQUEAL she did. :) And Catherine, she so fell in love with your bottles I allowed her to have ONE. Yes, I was truly generous was I not?!? (NOT)

Carrie also added a post about our visit! Cool! Click HERE.

These are the only gals I was organized enough to fiddle with pictures. Sandy is also a follower and I'm not sure if she has a blog! And a group of other followers also came just to see my digs that don't have blogs. I felt a little like a movie star of the hour. :) Thanks so much all for your wonderful visits! You made my day!


So, the place was littered with the WHAT WAS IT signs. AND I had to flaunt my recent So You Think wins too of course. :)


And this is the disclaimer I used when I didn't have something complete. Sounds much cooler than DARN IT NO TIME, eh?


The bucket of ballots displayed where interest was. And many were interested in attending a workshop, so I'll be finding out where most of the interest is and start formulating classes to suit! If you're local and didn't make it, I'll be blogging about the upcoming workshops, or you can email me to be on the workshop email list at signmakergirl@hotmail.com.


I'd also done abit of updating with the room displays, so I'll be doing a few more room shots to cure your curiosity in due time. :)

The tour was alot of fun with non stop banter about all things DIY. Many that visited couldn't wait to get home and do this or that to their place which was so cool to witness. I LOVE it when passion hits! It's so fun to watch. :)

Now that the house is pretty much complete, I'm going to start creating smaller things to sell come December for the town wide Christmas Craft Crawl. I've already been doing some inventing so I'll be showing you my Funky Junk Originals soon! :)

Thanks to everyone that came and helped make the weekend one big DIY party! And to all of you for your feedback on what your own thoughts were. So much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment