Monday, April 5, 2010

Painted, Facebooked, and Ohdeedohed~

First up...I painted my green buffet white. I know...I know. Some of you are going to be very mad at me. I tried to live with the pretty green in our new house. Honestly I did. And it simply did not work. I couldn't take it anymore. Well, that, and the fact that if you saw the piece up close, it was looking very worse for the wear. We purchased it with the green paint job, and the man who had refinished it? Well, let's just say that he didn't do the best job. It was chipping like crazy.

BEFORE (pretty in our old house):

So the hubby gave it a good sanding, then I pulled out the white paint and set to work. I'll be honest with you. I don't really like to paint that much. But what I do like is the almost instant gratification I get from it. The furniture (or room) transforms so quickly right before my eyes...like magic.


AFTER (pretty in our new house):

And now that this pretty piece is white...it is like magic! It brightened up the space...and it looks so clean and fresh and spring-y. It makes me happy! Now for a little accessory tweaking...but that's another post.


Next up, you can now find The Shabby Nest on Facebook!! And I need some fans! Yes I do. I've placed a Shabby Nest fan box over on my sidebar. If you feel so inclined, I'd love to have you as a fan on Facebook!! Yes I would!


Finally, for those of you who haven't seen my mini-mudroom, (there are some of you out there right?) Ohdeedoh ran a fun feature on it yesterday. You can find it here.



With the busy Easter weekend, and now spring break upon us, I'm still making my way through all the fabulous Frugal Friday links from last week...so look for Linky Love comin' up soon.


And don't forget to go vote for the week 6 challenge at So You Think You Can Decorate! I can use all the votes I can get. ;-)

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment