Friday, April 23, 2010

SNS #27 brings you - a dream studio!




Intro

Welcome to Saturday Nite Special #27!

If you're new here, join in! There are two categories to link to, Home Decor as well as Crafts, Sewing, Recipes, so feel free to post your DIY project in the applicable area below.

Party starts at Fri night and ends Sunday 11pm, so you have all weekend to join!

I LOVE to highlight inspiring posts during the event on the sidebar, so make sure you check in several times over the weekend. You may be next. :)

~ This Weekend ~

I'm sorry I won't be around much to play this weekend. The townwide Studio Tour is taking place Sat and Sun. I'll indeed pop in when I can!

~ The Link Party Critique update ~

Thanks to all that took part in discussing what you love/don't love about link parties HERE. The info was VERY helpful to me!

I'll be doing a follow up post on this topic. I'm just needing abit more thinking time to sort out a few ideas I have in store. Until that time, we'll continue on with the two catagories, which really acts like two broad themed events, so everyone can continue to be included. Watch the blogroll for some fun additions with some special focused themes coming soon!

~ Spotlight Feature from SNS 26 ~
A dream studio

I totally dream of having a workshop in my backyard one day. Honestly, you just can't do a whole lot in a single car garage if you also store your bikes, air compressor, power washer, blah blah blah in the same space.

Did you happen to see this SNS entry last weekend? Brace yourself on this one.


This, my envious non studio friends, is a studio out in the backyard of Ann Marie's residence. A STUDIO. A separate building from the house. To do your thang in. All by your lonesome  Dreamy! Isn't this adorable?!?

Ann Marie's blog is called La Maison La Fortune and you can find her studio post HERE.


They picked a spot in the back yard, and got right to work.


They did the work themselves, bit by bit. I can just about smell that fresh pine being cut. And don't you love that sound of wood being cut?!? You KNOW what I mean, right??? If you don't, I guarantee, have something brand new built and you'll feel it pretty fast.


Oh my, it's adorable already. They got to the roof at this stage and hired help from thereon. Don't you love the tall overhead trees framing the building? 



I am just in LOVE with those tall windows. Goodness.. it looks like it's been there forever with those trees!
 

*sob* 

Have a good look at the pathway and rock trim around the garden perimeter. So cottage sweet! I'm also adoring the soft hues of the colour scheme. The tall shutters are just adorable with the equally tall windows. And two rocking chairs on the little front porch?!? Looks like coffee time to me! With a laptop on my lap of course. :)

Ann Marie uses her studio for her custom linens and drapery business, and promises to show the interior once she's got that in full swing. Right now she's still playing with the layout and such. So Miss Ann Marie, we're all watching you now. :) Can't wait to see what you have in store!


I did find a post with a sneak peek to the colours that'll be used inside. Ohhhh such a tease! Aren't they cheerful?

My dream studio/workshop would be just like this, but probably with double barn style doors so I could swing them wide open while I worked. My studio would be for the sawing wood variety no doubt. Or maybe I'd decorate it to display my furniture line to sell. When I make my furniture line, that is.  Oh gosh. I want it yesterday now. BAD. Ann Marie, whatever have you done to me??

Thanks for allowing me to highlight your lovely studio!

~ SNS blah blah linkup rules ~

1. Please link up your intended post, NOT your blog homepage url. (post, then click the title of your post, cut and paste that url)

2. Please put a link in your post that leads back to the party so others can see what's up! (scroll button on sidebar if you wish)

 3. This party is geared for DIY type projects we can all attempt to make ourselves. Items for sale may be linked up IF your entry is posted on your blog and in tutorial style (unless making the item is self explanatory).

5. Please link projects up that are new to SNS and within 1 month old. If you can't decide which category to enter yours in, please just pick ONE and go with it. It's all good!

Happy party and weekend inspiration to all!



No comments:

Post a Comment