Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Ikea Find That Makes The Room!

When this rug caught my eye while shopping for the Big Boy's Bedroom at Ikea I knew it was exactly the element needed to pull all the aspects of the room together. But I kept on walking. The room already had a perfectly fine kilim rug from Pottery Barn. In reds, but maybe I could make it work.


But later, as the drapes, bedding, pillows and desk were added to the room, I kept thinking about the rug. So back to Ikea I went...


It does indeed make the room! The yellow adds warmth to the cool color palette while the geometric pattern brings energy to the space.


And look at the gray and blue bands of color on the ends of the rug. I couldn't have designed a better rug for this room.


Now...does anyone need a perfectly good red kilim rug from Pottery Barn?!

No comments:

Post a Comment