Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Decorating with "what are they?" objects.




I have all kinds of 'what is it' things flanking every nook and cranny in my home.

I suppose one of the bonuses of not knowing what something is, is the fact that it gives you official permission to make it become anything you desire. I practice the same trend  when I waltz down tool and hardware isles. I just love unknown oddities because the creative explosion goes off and the sky's the limit!


Here's one of my latest acquisitions. Remember my grand junkin' day awhile back? My special treasure was in this pile. Somewhere.


It's a metal screen of some sort and I'm in love with it!  I use it as a tray on my coffee table. Isn't it wonderful?


And it's no lightweight variety either. There's official weight to this piece. It's heavy AND it's visually chunky too, in the most delightful of ways for any metal lover. :)


I mean, look how it fit on the coffee table! Perfect! It turned a standard schmandard table into a layered metal/wood/fake-plant-lover-so-I-don't-kill-it's dream!

Off topic: Can I just say this? Everytime I see my sofa in a picture like this, I'm glad I didn't slipcover it. You can add your whites via pillows galore too! Amen.



white So You Think shutter project in this photo is HERE

I love my screeny metal tray display thing! Whatever it is! Anyone have any idea of it's origin? I'm curious to know! I think...

Never underestimate any found object. Especially if you can use it to layer with. Layers add an additional dimension to your vignettes and just give you the opportunity to create more of an impact on one given area. I've written a past post about layering vignettes HERE.

How about you? Are you equally intrigued to plant most anything in your home and wonder after what on earth it was originally for? If you have any such items in a post, feel free to add your url so we can take a peek. Maybe we can help you figure out your own little mystery. :)


Good news! I've been working on my Workshop Photo Series post bit by bit! Stay tuned for Part 3 soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment