Thursday, April 29, 2010

Frugal Friday~

Hello, my dear readers. I was very glad to find out yesterday, that I am not the only one who suffers from Design ADD!! Your comments had me cracking up! If you don't know what I'm talking about, click here to find out if you too suffer from Design ADD ( apparently it is a very common ailment around these parts.)

Now on to the subject at hand...welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday! Today I wanted to share with you my console makeover. If you caught my Blog Parade of Homes post earlier this week, you saw the photos of our in-progress living room. (If you didn't get to see this post click here.) I mentioned that I was going to revive the console with a coat of paint...but I wasn't sure on a color. I was debating between a dark taupe and an olive green. Well, the taupe won. It's a color found in the room's area rug, and I thought it made a nice sophisticated but neutral addition to the room's palette.


So without further ado (is that how you spell it?) here is the console before...



And here is the after...


I ADORE IT!!! The color is Better Homes and Garden's Mink Brown. It really perked up the old console. I never could bring myself to like the console's wood. (But it was a freebie, so what's a Frugal OCD - obsessively consumed with decorating- girl to do?) It was too "rustic" for me, and not in a good way. Now it looks classic and sophisticated and even the funny hardware looks nice. It was a good call! (Now I'm on the lookout for a coffee table to paint the same color.)

mmmmmmmmmmmm. Much better.


Your turn!

You know "da rules"...


1. Please link directly to your post, knot just to your blog.
2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so others can enjoy the frugal goodness.
3. Comment, Comment, Comment...show our participants "the love"!





No comments:

Post a Comment