Tuesday, April 20, 2010

If you came over, what would you want to do/see?



As if there wasn't enough on my plate, this weekend the entire town is invited to my house. :)

The event being held is called the Yarrow Studio Tours. All the local artisans in my little community are opening their doors for the public, showing their work in progress this round. (it's a VERY artsy town so I fit right in) There are pottery shops, a glass place, gift store, and the local Grille is having lunch specials. And my Funky Junk environment will be hosting an open house as well. :)


The event is being held Sat and Sun, April 24 and 25, 10-5, so if you're near Yarrow, BC, come on down and look for the red balloons! Here is a post on how I set up my Christmas Show so this isn't the first time I've done this. Yeah, that's why there's a wreath on the sign too. :)

This is what I have planned so far:

The following rooms will be open for viewing with how-to info attached to projects.














There will be a continuous slide show of project befores and afters in 'the kitchen office.'

I'll be doing demos on painting techniques, and maybe decorating


I was thinking of having some piece of junk on display with a sign to watch for what I create with it in the future. And have them guess what it'll be as their entry to win a prize. :)


Maybe have some sign blanks and stencils I create ready so they can try their hand at an easy stencil if desired. (this would appeal to possible local workshop participants)

Thought of having a sign saying...

"What would you like me to show you today?"

- how I set up displays
- painting/glazing techniques
- stenciling to make things look old
- how to make a rumply crumply bed
- how I come up with creating a new piece
etc.
I haven't had much time to prepare for this event so I won't have much to sell this round. I would have loved to create some ready to sell pieces or old signs, so I'll be pricing some pieces inside the house to let go so we'll see how that goes.

I'd love your opinions!!

What do you think of my ideas so far? What would you want to see or do if you came? What else could I add to this list to make the visit for a newbie enjoyable and wishing for more? And perhaps, even wanting to hire me? :)

If you're local, come on down for fun! I'll have the coffee on. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment