Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Ikea Light Fixture Transformation Revealed

The Large Melodi Pendant Lamp,
on sale for $4.99 at Ikea, underwent a makeover using paint.

Going from this:

To this:





E X P L O R E







It works. The fixture turned out better than my expectations and it is a fun addition to the room. Though my husband asked, "What are you going to do when someone wants to write something else on the shade?" Easy enough, the shade simply snaps off. When Max decides he wants to draw or write on it all I have to do is unscrew the light bulb, snap the shade off the socket and he can begin recreating the fixture.

Next, what to do with these floral green chairs? Having once sat in my grandmother's home I love having them in mine, though they are ready for an update. The estimate from the upholsterer had me choking, so my backup plan is to make slipcovers. I've seen some great tutorials on this project in blogland, so I believe I'm up for trying it...

While I think about that, come back tomorrow to see what I'm giving away for Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment