Thursday, April 22, 2010

Frugal Friday~

For today's Frugal Friday I wanted to sing the praises of Tar-jay. I know, I know, you're saying to yourself, "how is that different than any other day?" And okay, I'm with ya on that one. It's not that much different than any other day. But today I wanted to focus on my love of Target's PB knock offs.

In our move from the NorthEast to the Mountain West, my beloved numbered chairs didn't make it. (Please, let's have a moment of silence in remembrance of my sweet chairs.) So we've been making do using our long bench on one side of the kitchen table, and bar stools on the other. It works fine when it's just our little family, but when we have anyone else over...let's just say it's a bit awkward having guests sitting on bar stools at the table. Sooooo, I've been on the lookout for some chairs for the kitchen table. And I wanted something different than your everyday average dining chairs.

What I REALLY wanted were some tolix chairs. You know, these beauties?

But it is impossible to find these babies for less than about $200 each. And, alas, $800 worth of dining chairs is just NOT in the budget right now. (But you can rest assured, I am going to start a tolix chair fund in the near future.)

In the meantime, I decided that it would be fun to have some contemporary looking one piece chairs. I searched on the www, and found them in all sorts of price ranges. And even in my latest PB teen catalog (yeah, I subscribe to all of the PB catalogs) they had what they called the "swoop" chair on sale for $79.99. It was just what I wanted. And then, I found the same "swoop" chair at Target on sale 2 for $69.99. Yesiree!! (okay, so in the catalog, they had plain colored "swoop" seats, but online all I could find is a picture of the polkadot version.)

They were super easy to put together.



And they look simply fabulous at my kitchen table (and, according to Mr. One...they are much more comfortable than the bench.)


Hooray for Tar-jay and their PB knockoffs.

Now it's your turn.

You know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post, knot just to your blog.
2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so others can enjoy the frugal goodness.
3. Comment, Comment, Comment...show our participants "the love"!







No comments:

Post a Comment