Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Art that hits my heart


Wait until you see this. Oh my word.


I received a package in the mail yesterday. I had no idea it was on it's way so I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was from my blog friend, Christine of Jaz Creations.

You've seen Christine many times over at FunkyJunk. She's a digital art whiz.

When I opened the package, I couldn't speak, move, breathe, nothing. I went blank. I honestly THREW the wrappers aside and held this in both hands with widened eyes and mouth open in utter and complete awe.





This is my alltime fav picture of my mom, son and myself taken at my son's birthday one year. You can truly see love in our eyes. And I just adored how my son hugged Grandma! It really portrays how close we were so this shot is special to me.

I  always meant to blow it up and frame it. But.. just never did. I'd like you to look really closely at what's to follow.



This isn't the photograph. This is digitally painted. I removed the painting from the glass frame so you could capture the beauty without the glass glare.






The colours are so warm yet vibrantly alive. Christine focused on the smallest most special details and highlighted tones where they were washed out in the original photo. This is the most lovely rendition of a photo I have ever laid my eyes on.


And this is the gorgeous frame it was in. It's ultra elegant, a tiny bit rustic...


... and perfect for our home. And this amazing picture.

The artwork captures us perfectly. Christine even removed the truck keys I had in my hand in the original picture.


I knew where it was to go immediately. I have it sitting in the middle of the upstairs, to the right of my blog office and kitchen. I see it all the time because I adore it and it makes me smile. For so so many reasons!


Christine, you couldn't have sent a more thoughtful meaningful memento at this time. I miss my Mom so very much, however what a wonderful way to cherish what I loved about her all day long. I am in love with this picture more than I can even express in words.

I'm very proud to call Christine my friend. xo

Hey.. I think I have a new profile picture. She knocked about 10 years off me with this one! :)

Edited to add: Do you have a special photo or artwork that is near and dear to your heart? I'd love to hear about it. I love stories. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment