Friday, April 9, 2010

Guest Blogger At 'From The Right Bank' & Max's Desk Chair Preferences


From The Right Bank is one of my favorite blogs, so when Ally asked if I would be a guest blogger for her I was absolutely delighted. Check out the post and her wonderful blog here.

And what are the updates in the Big Boy's Bedroom? Seating for the desk.


Last week I brought in the simple Gilbert stool to sit at the desk and Max promptly and swiftly nixed my choice.

What? Why? It's fine, it's small, it fits. "No," was the response. "Something with a back, even if it's a small one. I don't want to fall off, like the stools in the kitchen sometimes."

Fair enough, he has fallen off the island stools a time or two...or three. How he can be sitting there just fine and then suddenly be on the floor is a mystery to me. Boys. But let's avoid that issue here.


So back to Ikea I drove...this is becoming a familiar habit. One thing I can say, I'm getting to know that store quite well and can breeze through it in record time. Anyway, hopefully this was the last trip. I now have most everything I need to wrap up this project, including a Nordmyra chair.


Unpacking the box I was very happy to see how well the colors of the chair looked in the room next to the rug.


And with a very short set of instructions the chair was assembled before I could remember to take more pictures.


The chair brings in a bit of brightness that works and was needed in the room.


Most important, it received Max's stamp of approval. "It's comfortable!"




Also during this final trip to Ikea I found a pair of newly arrived pillow cases that bring in a splash of color and parts for a ceiling fixture idea. More on that next week. In the meantime, have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment