Thursday, September 23, 2010

Frugal Friday~

Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday!!

This is a photo of my sofa in its summer finery. A pretty white slipcover. I love a white slipcover. And I would probably leave the white slipcover on all year long...except for one thing. The hubby is spending his convalescence in the living room. It was the most convenient room for him in his not-able-to-get-around-without-a-walker state.


Normally, the kids don't spend a lot of time in the living room. But with Dad in there (not to mention a TV that is not normally there) they have been spending a lot of time there. So the white slipcover was really taking a beating. Don't get me wrong, it washes up really well, and with bleach it looks as good as new. But with everything else on my plate right now, washing a slipcover once a week, is not on my agenda.

So I dressed my sofa in a nice, warm autumn-y tan slipcover. And I threw on this pretty sweater pillow to add some additional coziness.


So, you may wonder why I am sharing this for Frugal Friday. Well, let's just say that switching slipcovers is the cheapest way I've found to get a "new" sofa. And, that pillow? Only about $15 at IKEA and it looks a lot like the PB version that sells for 3 times as much. ;-)

Sofa and slipcover........EKTORP from IKEA

Now it's your turn.



No comments:

Post a Comment