Saturday, September 25, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas

Happy Saturday everyone!

Oh yeaay! It's the 25th of the month and time for another Christmas card. The Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group has a group called the Christmas All Year Long Group, and we are to create and post a Christmas card on the 25th of each month. I'm appreciating this group more and more now that we're getting closer and closer to Christmas (only 3 more months, people!) Because now when I look back, I see that I've got a number of Christmas cards in my collection already and I'm closer to my goal than I would be without this Group. So, thanks to Julie, who thought up the idea and organizes our group.

If you're taking part in this September blog hop and have come here from Monique's blog, then you are in the right place. And if you want to start, the beginning and a list of the participants is at the Christmas All Year Long Group's Blog here.

My card is what I like to call a white-on-white card. Except for the central image, everything is white. I have chosen this image of Bon Voyage Tilda from the Magnolia Bon Voyage Collection 2010 as the focus of my card.


I have used 2 other Magnolia stamps to create the scene, Winter Night Background from the Winter Collection 2008 and Winter Forest from the Santa Collection 2008. Any of the Magnolia stamps can be purchased from Magnolia-licious on-line store and if Diana doesn't have it in stock, she will order it in for you.

I wanted to keep everything white, not even showing the black ink from the stamp pad. I stamped several images of each stamp on white cardstock and cut out all the little pieces. I turned the cutouts over so the stamped images were face down and then glued the pieces together to create the scene. Oh, I gave the little cutouts some curl to give a bit of added dimension to the picture. And then I added some micro-fine glitter here and there. So the final scene is a mirror image of the stamped image.


I am entering this card in a few challenges:
Colour Create - Challenge 54 - All White.
A Spoon Full of Sugar - Challenge 122 - Anything Goes.
Charisma Cardz - Challenge # 38 - Anything Goes!
Thanks for the taking the time to drop by. I appreciate your visit very much. Now, to continue with the blog hop, your next blog visit is at Peggie's.

Have a wonderful weekend! And if you haven't started on you Christmas cards yet, what are you waiting for? Get started!!! It's only 3 months away, you know...yikes!!!

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda from the Bon Voyage Collection 2010, Winter Night Background from the Winter Collection 2008, Winter Forest from the Santa Collection2008. The sentiment is computer generated.
Tools: Spellbinders Nestabilties Labels Two, McGill holly punch.
Miscellaneous: micro-fine glitter cool highlights, Mark Richards pearls.

No comments:

Post a Comment