Friday, September 24, 2010

Well...I Had Fun!


Despite so many bloggers expressing disappointment with the experience at the Nate show taping, I had a great time. How could I not?! What's not to love about a quick unexpected trip to NYC and the fun of attending a show while meeting so many of my fellow design bloggers? Sounds good to me, and isn't life what you make it?

Plus, I did have a slightly difference experience. I am thrilled to say the surprise I've been referring to as part of my trip to NYC was an invitation to be a guest on an earlier Nate show taped that same day! How is that for exciting?! While I can't talk about the specifics, I had the amazing opportunity to share a room design I recently completed with Nate and the audience, and hopefully soon with you! I'll keep you posted when I get an air date...

(I'm such a dork...excited, nervous and TIRED!! Look at that clenched fist, I meant to make a "thumbs up" but my excitement is showing and are those sheet marks on my arms?! You can get those in just two hours?)

After arriving in town late the night before and getting just two hours of sleep, I showed up at the studio very early in the morning, sans makeup, to begin preparing for the segment. It was so much fun to have Lakeitha and Jade hang out with me in the green room, thank goodness they were there! They distracted me and kept me from getting too nervous.

Luckily the experience included a trip to hair and makeup, otherwise I would have scared you all on tape. The makeup artist was completely sweet...and talented! When I told her I had basically gotten no sleep she told me not to worry, by the time she was done I would look like I had slept eight hours and gotten a bit of sun! She came through on her promise. (Can you please come do my makeup for all my special events?!)

(With Beth from The Stories A to Z...)

Now I know you all love a good before and after...I think this qualifies.

I was the last segment taped and it went really well...or so I've been told! The experience was a blast and I met so many fun people working on the show: Karen, Janelle, Nathanial, Paul, and many more including Nate himself. Thanks for making it a really great experience! Then it was a quick change and back downstairs to get in line for the second taping. This part I LOVED, meeting so many of the bloggers I follow and have become friends with. On the trip out I had made a mental note of everyone I hoped to meet and I think I managed to get through the list!

Sarah, the Thrifty Decor Chick herself!


Lakeitha, Erika and Sarah


Kate on the right...


Emily, who gets the award of being the sweetest blogger in attendance...


...along with the most gorgeous eyes.


On set after the second taping with Erika.


And in the question and answer session at the end of the taping,
sitting in between Cristin and Jade.

I'll end this post with a story about Cristin...can you believe this is not the first time I've met her? A bunch of us hung out until late in the night after the taping and while talking with Cristin I learned that she was a shopper in my San Francisco boutique years ago! Crazy, it is a small world.

Wow...what a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment