Wednesday, September 15, 2010

A quick note~

Hello, my dear readers. I'm trying very hard to keep my eyes open and finish my Frugal Round-up post, but my heavy eyelids are winning. We spent the better part of yesterday at the Orthopedic Surgeon's office having stitches and staples removed and recasting John's leg. Ouch! I felt so bad for him. My hubby is one tough guy. I mean really. A big, strong, tough guy. But when they wheeled him down and took xrays of his leg, I could hear him scream out in pain. It broke my heart. The xrays revealed that his leg is healing well, but he still won't be able to put any weight on it for another 6 weeks. And all that movement of his leg, not to mention fitting it with a new boot and a new knee brace, made it really sore. Poor guy hasn't been able to get the pain under control yet.

But can I ask you? What is it about men that makes them want to bring home copies of their xrays? Lots of metal plates and countless screws holding his right leg together now, and he wants images of it. It makes me shudder.

We're off to the hospital again today to xray his chest. Here's hoping those fluid levels have gone down. Keeping my fingers crossed.

On a lighter note....





Today is Mr. Two's 5th birthday! Happy Birthday Boo!!! This boy is so sweet and so bright. He tells the best stories ever, and is absolutely hilarious. He lights up our days! I'm so thankful for him! Still working hard on his highly anticipated Pirate Birthday Party...can't wait to share it all with you.


And I promise to get to that Frugal Round-up post when I'm wider awake...hope you all can bear with me.


Have a great Thursday~

No comments:

Post a Comment