Thursday, September 30, 2010

3000 Followers Event - All about ME! (link party)

Who I am ~

I'm a junk lovin' sole parent pet lover artist type kinda gal that loves to create!

I've always been artistic but the real fun began when I started my own biz 17 years ago, running my own sign and graphics company. But the blogging world has indeed brought a fresh passion into the mix.

How I got to where I am today comes with it's own story you can read about HERE. Be prepared. It's LONG. :)


"I don't mind acting abit nutty. I think it keeps us young. :)"

I love the simple things in life and shy away from the complicated.

I'm rather outspoken, but in a kind way. I just want the best for those around me.

I'm a leader type personality, however can play nice with others too.

I own where I am in life. 

I LOVE traveling and camping but I also love coming home.

I talk or sing to myself while I work. It pushes me through boredom as well as keeps me upbeat. And yes... I get caught all the time. :)

I hate asking for help but I like to help others.

Being a tad co-dependent gets me into a bit of trouble, but I'm working on hearing my own voice and needs. It takes practice!

  
(this blog header for my off topic blog says it all)

 In a nutshell, I love being a mom. I love my 2 cats and 1 dog. My friends are tight, and my family near. My son and I are building a wonderful life together after many hurdles, and I'm pleased to say, no matter what the weather is, it's always a sunny day over here. I honestly get up every day looking forward to what's in store. It's like a brand new start each day. Erase the mistakes of the past and get on with it!

Yeah, I'm generally that upbeat unless I'm in pain or my progressive reading glasses give me grief...


Where I live ~


On the WetCoast, located in BC Canada. It rains alot but the payback is all the greenery around us. It's gorgeous out here every which way you turn.

We live in a one-3-way-stop kinda town where everyone knows everyone. They're the type that care about you so I wouldn't have it any other way. The day I moved in, Janette brought over brownies hot out of the oven. With boxes stacked to the ceiling, feeling exhausted and uneasy about the move, that kind gesture right there told me everything would be just fine. And I was right. I'd like to do a post about where I live sometime. I have so many stories...

And my tight knit community even accepst my circus high wire laundry ways...

What I love about my home ~


#1 - that it's ours. (my son's and mine) That knowledge just feels so BIG. We own the front doorstep right down to the squeaky floorboards. I'm VERY proud and grateful.


The new roof goes on with hero Vic helping.

#2 - that it's finally SOUND. It needed alot of work when I first moved in. I was very blessed to have alot of help with that step, saving YEARS of payments off my life. I'm truly blessed beyond measure. (the reno blog is HERE)


The woodshed in the backyard.

 #3 - making it ours. After the house was fixed up, the next step was to personalize it. So the decorating and creating began. These days, this funky home is truly our sanctuary in every way possible.


My favorite room is ~


The blogging headquarters.  It doesn't hurt that my new computer is kind to me as well. :)



But what I love about this area the most is that it's so uniquely me in every way. I created a very funky desk to simulate where my mind takes me when I blog. The random rustic boards, big metal bolts, eclectic wall unit... my surroundings inspire me big time.

And I love the fact that the blogging area is central to the entire house. (in my open floor plan diningroom) I don't miss a beat with what goes on around me. When inspiration hits, I like to run to the computer and start a quick draft so I don't forget my idea. How many can actually say they can cook, watch a show AND help your kiddo do homework while you build a post?!? :)

My favorite thing to do DIY wise is ~



I actually have two. Creating AND staging my creation. Taking the junkiest of junk and creating something amazing out of it, then staging it just so really rusts my bucket!

The day I put these screens up, I honestly stood back and thought.. "Holey CRAP. I MADE those! And they aren't falling over!" I still feel that way with everything I make because quite honestly, building stuff is still fairly new to me. Building = LOVE.

I wish I knew how to ~


... build anything inside my head.  Wouldn't that be AMAZING? Welding and higher building skills are high on my list of learn-to's. I Even knowing how to mount things properly.I also am starting to visualize frameworks of this which is what creations are all about to start with. I totally have to get over my fear of my table saw to move on. I'm getting there. :)

Something you may not know about me is ~


I don't really enjoy cooking. 3 hours in a kitchen a day totally robs my creative time. :) I use to love it, but when it became all about how quick can I pull it off, I lost interest. But I DO love my KITCHEN... and I do like GOOD food.

Why I love to blog ~



What's not to love? Blogging provides an outlet to show my creative side with those that get me. I can't think of any other place that could possibly offer this much encouragement!

It also satisfies the writing craving that hits. Why, I'm a published writer everytime I  create a post! :)

Oh.. and then there's the photography! I love looking through a lens of a camera, then building a story or tutorial  around the photo shoot. I enjoy that part just as much as creating.
____________

I honestly don't know what tomorrow will bring from all this blogging and documenting. But I look forward to finding out.  Thanks for continuing to find interest in my blog. I appreciate you!


Would you too like to join in?

 Use the questions above, build your post, and link'er up!
Can't wait to get to know all about YOU. :)


The Pleated Poppy giveaway event ends Thursday, 11pm Pacific.



No comments:

Post a Comment