Friday, September 10, 2010

A Stenciled Tray ~ All's Well That Ends Well

What can I say, I'm feeling some Tray Happiness! The trellis stencil, purchased from Cutting Edge Stencil, is simply fabulous. And the oversized tray, measuring 18" x 24", will easily accommodate a stack of books and a few accessories when placed on a coffee or dining room table. Not that I'll be covering up the trellis pattern anytime soon!


The original gray and yellow color combination was just not working. Unfortunately I was well into stenciling the tray before I came to this realization. Oh well, better late than never.


After pulling out a can of ivory paint and successfully covering the yellow, I was again feeling the love for this project!


Karen from Strictly Simple Style, one of the many blogs I enjoy reading, commented on yesterday's post, saying, "I'm looking forward to seeing how the tray turns out and how you are able to get the design finished near the edges. That looks like it could be a challenge."

Yes, it was a bit of a challenge, but doable. I simply bent the stencil at the tray edges, stenciling in as much of the pattern as possible with the stencil brush. Afterwards, a small paint brush was used to fill in the remaining pattern up to the edges.


Here is the final result. (And once I get properly styled and pretty shots I'll post those as well!)






I am so infatuated with this stencil that it just may show up on the walls of the Master Bathroom WC, in a deep steel blue and ivory. What do you think?

Be sure to enjoy this Fall weekend and look for my latest Houzz Ideabook tomorrow, which covers the topic of TV's in the bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment