Thursday, September 16, 2010

A TV in the Master Bedroom...A Reconsideration

I tend to be fairly firm in my convictions and preferences, likes and dislikes. But sometimes my opinion can be swayed by a good argument, additional information or someone pointing out another option.

Such was the case with the comments on my Houzz Ideabook last weekend, 'TVs in the Bedroom, Thumbs up, Thumbs down?' I wasn't terribly surprised by the amount of comments, because I asked a direct question that I had a feeling people would feel compelled to answer. But what surprised me is that after hearing some of the same points repeated over and over, they started to have an impact on me.

(where TV may be placed, above settee)

So, the decision to place a TV in the master bedroom is now, surprisingly, up in the air. Don't call me out if one does show up in there at some point, but for now we are taking a wait and see approach. And indeed, what is the hurry, one can always be added later...

(future "art wall")


In the meantime, I had planned on putting together a collection of art in the room. One special piece of artwork would be wonderful hung above the settee, (the placeholder for a possible future TV) and an "art wall" would be a nice counterpoint on the wall to it's right, a shorter length of wall between the bathroom and closet doors.

madebygirl

Here is a wonderful collection of art by Jen of Made By Girl that is quite inspiring...

Dominomag- eclectic dining room eclectic dining room

...and another art wall example found on Houzz.


And for more inspiration in another direction, these are some left over fabrics that may find their way into the room in the form of a pillow or two. Oh, and then bedding. Yes, I have some work to do!

But back to opinions...what about you? When was the last time you were swayed on an opinion by a good argument?

No comments:

Post a Comment