Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Frugal Round-up (the two-week-in-one version)~

Howdy everybody!! How are you all this fine day? I'm in a good mood today because my daddy's surgery was a success. Can I hear a "woot woot"?

In any case, you may remember that I didn't do a Frugal Round-up post last week because my heavy eyelids were waging a war on me... and they won. So this week I am sharing a double version of frugal goodness.

And oh. my. word. was there ever a lot to choose from!! The last two Frugal Fridays have been the biggest to date with tons of great links to check out.

Here are a few of my favorites from two weeks ago...

First up, Sarah at A Beach Cottage shared her chalkboard refrigerator. Love this. A perfect solution to a ratty old refrigerator.




Then Ms. Bingle at Ms. Bingle's Vintage Christmas shared a darling headboard turned table. Such a clever idea!



Finally, Julie at Less than Perfect Life of Bliss shared her "wall of doors". I was drawn to this project because I "made" the hubby take a series of front doors in Old Deerfield when we lived in Massachusetts. I feel a project coming on. ;-)




And here are a few favorites from last week...


Laurel at Ducks in a Row shared her fabulous slipcover. And when I say fabulous, I mean fabulous. I would swear this was NOT a first time slipcover...maybe she's pulling our legs. lol!



Dennise at Little Green Table shared her aqua buffet redo. You all know I'm a sucker for aqua furniture.




Kat at Everybody Loves Raymond...and Kat shared her easy-peasey, cutie-patootie paper pumpkins. I heart this idea entirely.



Megan at Honey We're Home shared her fresh and pretty mudroom makeover.



And finally, Courtney at A Thoughtul Place shared her super-pretty little girl's "pinkalicious" bedroom. (Okay, I admit, I'm a pink girl...oh yes I am.) Loved it.



If you haven't had a chance to check out these two Frugal Friday parties, scroll on down and take a gander. You'll be glad you did!

And don't forget tomorrow's Frugal Friday party goes live at 8:00 pm MST tonight. Get your frugal posts ready and come join the fun. But on a serious note, I've noticed some people linking up random posts, completely unrelated to Frugal DIYs and Frugal Finds. Please play fair and do not link up just any old post...or posts to your shops, giveaways or other unrelated items. I have been quite tolerant so far, but I will start removing those sorts of posts this week. Sorry to have to play the bad guy. I just want Frugal Fridays to be what they are supposed to be. A place where we can share our Frugal Projects and Frugal Finds...not a place to further special interests. Thanks for understanding...

xoxo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment