Wednesday, September 15, 2010

The wild unraveling of a portfolio room

Someone in my neighborhood wants to come to my house for a specific reason. He wants to see what I've done to it.

That was... I think last Friday. I promised to clean it up so I wouldn't pass out from embarrassment and then give him a shout. And here we are at Wednesday.


 DANGER ZONE indeed...

I got it clean. For awhile. But then the 'big rebuild of the nests' started once again. And today I'm totally back to square one.

Guess that's a problem I'll always face. When you LIVE in your portfolio that is.

For that's what our homes are. They aren't just a place to live anymore. You know that right? If you're taking this dive into the world of decor seriously and wanting to make something of it, gone are the days when your livingrooom was just a place to crash.


Here. Let's just chat about this one for instance. Said in my best hoity toity pinky up voice, "Why yes of course... The layers upon layers are intricately placed just so each and every day. This is my home, my getaway, my sanctuary after all."

My cat hasn't been enticed to visit my bedroom in months. Might be due to the missing quilt that tends to live on the floor. I don't understand the magic of the quilt. When did it sprout it's own legs? And where are all those pillows anyway? But moreso... whatever happened to the cat??? Which reminds me... one curtain panel is missing. It's gotta be on the floor like it is every so often.

I'm going to add a label to this post under 'bed making tips.' Maybe I'll revert back to it from time to time for inspiration.


 *lump in my throat*

What lovely memories this one conjours up. See that antique white/glazed coffee table? Set just so with my layered vignettes? (not to mention all the 'floor throwers' not on the floor)


Ahhhh, THERE you are! (to the left. on it's side. I want it BACK)




 I think this is the only part that resembles what it does in the pictures. I really miss this room...

Ok, now here's an area that stays relatively the same.



IF you sit on the floor and look up like this that is.


I think you're seeing a reoccurring theme here, yes?

(hey.. I just found my keys! And my CAT. I'm so glad I took this picture)

Sheesh!

How do I get around this big fat issue? Every so often I treat myself to a 'showhome day.' I'll start in one room and really go to town and do it up right. After it's done, I'm inspired to do another. (unless I stop to blog about the first of course.. don't stop and blog about it when you're on a roll)

I think my friend will have to wait juuuust a few more days for me to catch up. But I personally think there's GREAT merit if he just hangs in there abit longer.


He's going to get to see some NEW stuff I haven't even blogged about yet!

And I will! After I remove the sticky tape and price tag off this table of course. And clean it up. And more. You know how it is. I call this the 'stop drop and dash' decorating method.

So! Hows things in your little staged up world?

 Could you honestly kick the door open for guests at any given time? What do you do when they want to come and see what you've done to your house? I need some help here...

No comments:

Post a Comment