Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Master Bedroom Redesign Updates

It was not easy getting any work done yesterday, with all the emails flying around about who is going to the Nate Berkus Show next Tuesday! But I did force myself to stay on schedule (so I can go to NYC on such short notice!) and got a quick project done to write a tutorial for HGTV.com, and the Sofia Settee for the Master Bedroom Redesign was delivered.


I have had my eye on the settee for awhile, and when it went on sale a couple weeks ago I finally pulled the trigger. I wasn't the only one, apparently, as I received a notification that the piece was on backorder until mid October. So what a nice surprise when it arrived well ahead of the expected date! And, I have never seen a piece of furniture packed this well, with a cardboard framework built completely around it. Crazy, but I was appreciative.


To get ready for the delivery I realized the wall it was going to placed in front of needed to be painted. The bedroom was originally painted after we moved in and all the furniture was in place. The armoire that used to stand here was heavy, and I wasn't about to move it only to paint a portion of wall that would never show anyway. I'd forgotten about this little shortcut, so was surprised when the armoire was moved out of the room. Oops. Luckily I still had some paint leftover and it was a super fast job.

Now to get the settee moved into the room. No one was around to help, so with all the extra energy I had due to excitement about the trip next week, I moved the piece from the garage into the room myself! Thanks Nate.


The drapery panel was brought in from the kitchen nook and hung here temporarily, to help me make a decision on what drapery design will work in the room.


I also grabbed some pillows from other rooms to see what colors look good. And yes, the carpet placement will need to be adjusted at the foot of the settee. That doesn't look so good.


Lots of decisions to make, though I do have a little side table just right for this spot. I'll show you that tomorrow, and I know this is going to become a well loved little corner of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment