Thursday, September 23, 2010

Once Again, Revisiting The Master Bathroom Redesign

before


If you have been reading my blog for any time now, you've already seen the master bathroom transformation and you've seen a repost! For some reason it really is my favorite room in the house. I simply love everything about it, which is surprising because when we first toured the house this is a room I absolutely did not like. Why? The same tile was placed everywhere, the floor, the shower, the counters, the tub surround.

So when we actually did end up purchasing this home, I knew something dramatic would have to be done in this space to take the focus away from all the tile. The most significant change that helped this goal become a reality was painting the walls a deep and dramatic color, with a wash treatment for extra depth. The other aspect of the design which helps the room be successful in the end is the rich golden accents seen in the lighting fixture, mirror frame and accessories. Here is the post, again!


It has been nearly a year and a half since I completed the Master Bath Redesign, and it is still a room that brings me complete joy and satisfaction when I step into it. There is nothing I would change, for now, and I love seeing this example of how you don't have to spend a fortune to give a room a striking transformation.


What do I love most? The gold accents. In the lighting, mirrors and accessories...all highlighted against the dark blue walls.















Yesterday the sun came out, inspiring me to open the shades. The sunlight lit up the room in such a beautiful way that I had to reach for the camera. These photos show the rich colors of the room in a way my previous photos of the bath have not, so I just had to share! I hope you enjoy...Janell


I'll be returning to this space soon to stencil this trellis design in the WC! Won't that be a fun job...any offers of help?!

No comments:

Post a Comment