Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Chic & Functional Home Offices From Houzz

"I am happy to share that I've been asked to write a second Ideabook for Houzz each week, in addition to the Ideabook I've been posting on Saturdays. I'm not sure if I will post all of the second Ideabooks here on my blog, but they may become an extra post during the week in addition to my regular posts. Do you have an opinion on this? Let me know and here is the latest:"

The modern work environment is seeing more and more people working from home, and with that a new appreciation about just what a home office can look like.

There is often limited space and the luxury of dedicating a room to the sole purpose of functioning as an office is not an option. As a result many homeowners and designers are showing great creativity in seeking out usable space to set up shop. Both functional and inspirational, here are some of my favorite home offices seen on Houzz.

Home office inspiration contemporary home office

Everything in this space clearly states it belongs to one very chic individual. The tall door with paned glass, unique yellow chair and lamp, art wall and candelabra. What does this person do? Most certainly something creative.

New American Home Office contemporary home office

If I had to pick one office from this collection I do think it would be this one. The craftsmanship is impeccable, the finishes classic with a gray door adding style. The space is compact but every inch is utilized by running cabinetry around the walls up to the ceiling. There is a view to enjoy from the chair and a door to close off the noise from the other areas of the home. How do I order up one of these?

desk modern home office

Long and wide hallways can eat up a lot of the square footage in a home. If space for an office is limited, placing a smart looking and functional work area along a hall can be a creative solution. Here it appears this was the plan from the start, look at the low placement of the windows directly behind the work surface.

C O B U R N - A R C H I T E C T U R E contemporary home office

The same concept of using space along a hall can be used at the top of a stair landing. Here this approach is taken to the extreme, placing a work surface, chair and shelving in a tight space that many people might not recognize as having this potential.

Where is your home office located?

To read the entire Ideabook book on Houzz and see more great examples of how to find space for a home office, click here.

All images from Houzz

No comments:

Post a Comment