Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Frugal Round-up and another update~

Welcome to this week's Frugal Round-up!

Today I have some fun projects to share...I just love all the inspiration I receive from Frugal Friday!!

First up, craft eNVy shared her fun branch mural. I'm always so impressed by people that can freehand these sorts of things!





Paisley Passions shared a darling chalkboard dining table...I'd love to use this great idea for a dinner party!



Aimless Tangents shared a simple and pretty luminary tutorial. I love this idea.




Next, Creative Little Daisy posted about her DIY birdcage pendant light. What a fun and creative lighting option...I need to find me a little birdcage!



Finally, Inspired by You shared her lovely French Text Pillows. So pretty.




Don't forget, Frugal Friday goes up tonight at 10:00 pm EST. Can't wait to see you all there!


And last but not least, I've had people pointing out that I haven't given any updates on John or my dad in a bit so here it goes...

John is home, and, to be honest, things are very difficult. He is still in a lot of pain, so his doctor prescribed some different painkillers that he hopes will work better. John has an appointment today for xrays to make sure his lungs are okay (he had a chest tube for his collapsed lung, and they are worried about the possibility of pneumonia.) After the difficulties we had even getting him in the house, I was extremely worried, so I had to call for medical transport to get him to his appointment. It's a bit pricey, but I really didn't have any other choice. (And don't even get me started on insurance complaints...I could probably go on for years!) So we're plugging along as best we can. But it's so hard to feel so helpless.

As for my dad, he is suffering from pneumonia and is still in ICU. He did overcome a scary bowel obstruction, however, so we are counting our small victories. He also seems in better spirits, and is determined to get through this. It's good to see a bit of my old can-do-anything dad reappearing. It gives me a sense of comfort in the middle of the craziness.

I want to thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers and for your sweet emails and genuine concern. You are helping more than you can ever know.

xoxo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment