Monday, September 13, 2010

Who Will Be At The Nate Berkus Show Next Week?


On June 14th I wrote this letter to Nate Berkus as part of a blogger "Nate Berkus Day", celebrating his upcoming show:

Dear Nate,

I heard a rumor that a large number of bloggers are writing posts on you and your work today and I just had to join in! Your style has inspired me tremendously and I was thrilled, but not surprised, when I learned about your upcoming show. Perhaps you'll invite me and some of my friends to be in your audience in the fall...and then they can finally stop being mad at me.

Remember when Oprah hosted the 'Knock, Knock It's Nate Contest' a few years ago? Well I was one of the semi-finalists, and though it was wonderful to be mentioned in 'O at Home', my home did not end up being one of the three you visited. My friends had seriously counted on my coming through for them and winning. They all had plans on how they would just "happen to stop by" the day you came to my house and that is all they could talk about for weeks as I waited to hear the final news. It was hard to break the bad news to them, but now that you have your own show you can make it up to me.

All the best and I look forward to meeting you soon! Janell

(yeah right...but a girl can ask!)


Well...some dreams do come true! I will be in the Nate Berkus audience next week! Just got an email invite! Now my next thought is: will you be there?! Can't wait to meet you if so!

Janell

No comments:

Post a Comment