Saturday, September 11, 2010

This Week's Ideabook On Houzz: TVs in the Bedroom - Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down?

Whenever this topic has come up in the past, I have found people to be very divided on whether or not they would include a TV in the design of their bedroom. I'm currently in the middle of redesigning the master bedroom in our home, and yes, a TV will be present. In my opinion, having a TV in the bedroom is a luxury, particularly on cold winter nights. The bedroom becomes the room of choice to get cozy while catching up on a show or two.

But tell me, what about you? Thumbs up or thumbs down?

Master Bedroom modern bedroom

This beautifully designed master bedroom by Candice Olson features a TV housed in custom made cabinetry. If I recall correctly, from watching the episode on this bedroom, doors pull out to hide the TV. This is the perfect design solution to conceal a TV's presence when not in use.

Pied contemporary bedroom

I just had to smile when I came across this bedroom. In a nearly all white bedroom, such a tiny white TV fits right in and nearly disappears. The structure around the unit puzzled me until I studied the image closer. Ah ha! I do believe the box around the TV, with its off-centered top, lowers into the cabinetry to conceal the unit! Very clever...

Ira Frazin Architect modern bedroom

I'm drawn to the contrasts in this design. A carved sleigh bed faces a sleek TV, which is hung on a wall of rough wooden planks. This juxtaposition of new and old is continued with exposed brick and a modern barn door. It seems only natural a TV would be part of this mix.

To read the entire Houzz Ideabook, click here. And now I'm off to find some warm sweaters for Fall...yes, I've finally accepted its arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment