Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Interview That Inspired The Big Boy's Bedroom Design & The Final Result

before

after

Prior to beginning work on Max's bedroom I decided it would be fun to "interview" him and collect his ideas for the room. I always do this with my clients, so why not him? Looking back I think it is very interesting to see how his input was incorporated into the room design! Here is some what he had to say:

Mom/Designer: "What are your favorite colors?"

Max/Client: "Black is my favorite color and it might be yellow in the future."


Mom/Designer: "Is there anything you don't like about your room in its current condition?"

Max/Client: "That the walls are plain."

Mom/Designer: "Okay. How do you like a room to look?"

Max/Client: "Hum, like...not plain. I like them designed."

Mom/Designer: "What do you like to do in your room?"

Max/Client: "Sleep."

Mom/Designer: "Yes, that makes sense. Is there anything else you like to do, or would like to be able to do in your room?"

Max/Client: "Read. Look at artwork. Make artwork."

Mom/Designer: "Is there anything we can bring into the room for these activities?"

Max/Client: "Chalkboard. C-H-A-....I don't know how to spell it."

Mom/Designer: "Is there anything else you would like to see added to the room?"

Max/Client: "Hum, yeah, a map on the wall, anywhere."

Mom/Designer: "Do you have a favorite interior design style?"

Max/Client: "Real."


While we were doing the interview I got a call, he wanted to get on the phone and this is what he said: "I'm doing this boring interview with my mom..."

Ha! He loves his bedroom, so I think even he would now agree the time spent talking to me about the design was worth it!







an Ikea challenge, creating a designer room on a budget



Click here and see below
for the reason behind this recap of the Big Boy's Bedroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment