Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A boardroom DIY like NO other (video!)

Well friends,

I am around doing LOTS of DIY of late! Just not in the typical sense.

I've been spending some time helping out my friend Dan with his business when he needs an extra set of hands.
Who is Dan anyway?


If you frequent FJI, you've heard Dan mentioned here several times by now. Dan and his wife Janis run their business, Imagination Corporation which specializes in themed environments and 3D signs (as the one above). Check out the website and you will be amazed.
 

 I've known Dan for many years through the sign industry. He's a signmaker/builder/welder/artist type, so it should come as no surprise that my world tends to entertwine with his on an ongoing basis. He's been a big part of my past on getting me up to snuff with all things tools, and most recently, encouraging me with my iMac purchase.



Being self employed allows me the flexibility to help out in between my own work.



I builD and paint for Imagination Corporation

And working with IC offers me a diverse choice of growth in all things building and painting. Cool. :)



Dan (and crew) has had a hand in some interior design in my own home as well. He created my metal kitchen island topper... (link HERE)



and my rock floor to ceiling styled fireplace. (link HERE)

So you can see, there are simply no limitations to what he can do or teach. :)

Since I have nothing new to share DIYing in the style we normally share on our blogs, I thought you may wish to take a peek at what we're currenty working on. Dan style. :)

Hold onto your hat!  You have never seen a room quite like this before. Ready?

(Dear Vimeo.. please let your users pick their own still shot.  Thank-you.)

Edited to add: you can now! Thanks Miss Mustard Seed!)

Let's rock!





 Just WAIT till you see the boardroom table. :)




 This room is being designed for a company that sells CNC routers. They desired a boardroom that reflected ALL the incredible things a router can perform. Dan tends to push things where no one has gone before (sounds ever so slightly familiar??) so he's making the router do some pretty wild things which are being reflected in this very room. World firsts you can bet.

The room is turning out INCREDIBLE. Every trick in the book is being used for specialty faux finishes (which daughter Bec does) on top of hand carved, sculpted AND routered work (done with high density HDU). Dan is all about bringing the seemingly impossible to life.

Dan writes two blogs for a client/corporate following, as well as a journal on his own site, so if you're interested in small updates on what he's currently building, you can check out:


Enroute Adventures: Much More Fun than Working

Imagination Corporation Journal

I may fall abit more silent than usual on my blog over the next little while during this project.  But don't worry. I'll share what I think may intrigue you as we go along.

And I can guarantee you, it'll be VERY funky indeed. Dan style. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment