Monday, September 20, 2010

The Long-awaited, Much-anticipated, 5-year-old Pirate Party Extravaganza~

Mr. Two turned 5 last week! His birthday was on Thursday. Mr. One and the Princess often go to the local Farmer's Market with our next door neighbors on Thursday afternoon, and this week, seeing as it was their little bro's birthday, they came home with a special present for him...this uber-fabulous balloon birthday hat, and a mini-pumpkin. I thought it was so sweet of them to spend their meager funds on their little brother, that I just had to include this photo. (He was pretty excited as you can tell. )
Mr. Two has been asking for a Pirate Party ever since his Dinosaur Party ended last year. So I knew that I *HAD* to throw one for him despite the craziness that has been our life of late.


If you've been reading my blog for any length of time at all you probably know how much I love cupcakes. A birthday just isn't a birthday at our house without cupcakes! And check out these darling cupcake toppers! They were generously donated to me by Nina from Momma Go Round! She knew I had been dealing with a lot lately, and wanted to make my life a little easier. Boy did it ever!! She even personalized them with Mr. Two's photo and used the same font as I used on the invitations! You can get your own personalized cupcake toppers and invites at her etsy store!


To tie in with the paper hat theme from the invitations, I hung paper hats from our balcony. (Just a note...I am super embarassed by the state of the balcony...it is in desperate need of a paint job...but we DO live in a rental, so it's not entirely my fault. )



This cute nautical bunting was borrowed from my sister-in-law who used it for her son's wedding dinner last year. I thought it would be the perfect addition to the festivities!




Before our little buccaneers could begin the festivities, they had to be *decked* out appropriately! I found these cute pirate costumes at the dollar store!




Once they were all in proper pirate garb, they headed out on a treasure hunt (you can see that the hats didn't really stay on...the swords on the other hand....) Mr. One and the Princess were their guides on their search for pirate loot!




The table outside held the cupcakes along with goodie boxes.



I created the goodie boxes with my Silhouette digital cutter and embellished them with more of the cupcake toppers!



I made the Jolly Roger flag out of a piece of poster board...and cut out the skull and crossbones with my Silhouette....couldn't have been any easier!
The party went off without a hitch. And the boys all loved it! That night as I was working at the computer, Mr. Two tip toed up and gave me a hug...and said with a perfect smile "Mom, Thanks for my Pirate Party!"
It simply does not get any better than that.
xoxo
Wendy

No comments:

Post a Comment