Sunday, September 12, 2010

Ahoy~

Mr. Two turns five this week. And we are throwing a Pirate Birthday Party! He requested a pirate party basically the day following his 4-year-old party. He has asked me about his "Pirate Birthday" - as he calls it - at least once a week for the entire year. So despite our family's recent events, I knew that his Pirate Extravaganza must go forward! (Besides, a boy only turns 5 once, right?)

So this past weekend I made the invitations. I had gone back and forth about what I wanted to do for the invitations, but when I went to the craft store to actually purchase the paper, inspiration struck. (We'll get to that in a minute.)

Here's what I came up with...

First, I made small newspaper hats...



Newspaper hats have always been "pirate hats" in my mind. And I thought larger versions would make cute decorations at the party as well. Should you want to make some of your own, you can find a super simple newspaper hat tutorial here.

After I made the hats, I pasted cute wooden pirate ship cutouts on the front of each hat (these were the inspiration items I found at Robert's Craft.) And in the back brim of each hat I tucked the party information printed on tan parchment-look paper and mounted on red cardstock for a little color. And FYI, if you're a font fanatic like me, I used the Blackadder font...it looks very pirate-y to me.




We're hand delivering these invites, so I didn't have to worry about how to mail them, although they would fit easily into a 5x7 envelope if you wanted to do something similar.

So now that the invites are on their way, I'll be busy creating the rest of this Pirate Party Extraordinaire. I'll be sharing with you all as I go.

Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment