Thursday, September 16, 2010

Frugal Friday~

Hi Everyone! Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday. And I bet you're not going to believe it, but I actually have a project to share!!


With Mr. Two's Pirate Birthday party scheduled for this weekend, I decided that I ought to get going on my home office redo which had been put on hold since John's accident. So I pulled out the old paint brush and set about getting the desks painted so I could get my computers up off the floor before a bunch of 5-year-old feet found their way into that area.

So without further ado, here is the office desk before. This desk was a freebie from one of John's clients who was getting rid of his office furniture. I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but I definitely wasn't in love with the desk as is. I could sure see some potential in it, however.



And here is the after...



(Please forgive the lighting...even with color correction, I couldn't get it quite right, but you all get the idea. )

So much better. A fresh coat of white paint really shows of the pretty lines of the piece. It looks much more classic and much less Southwestern Rustic. LOVE IT!!
Cost of the project...about $5.00 for paint. That's it. Love me a pretty $5 desk. Yes I do!

And in other news...

John's lung xrays looked so much improved, the Dr. could hardly believe her eyes!! Hooray for small mercies!! (or big mercies in this case, I guess.) And my Dad has been moved from ICU to rehab. He's doing quite well. So despite the long road to healing ahead for both of the men in my life, things are looking up!


Now it's your turn to share...



You know da rules!
1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back to the Shabby Nest so that others can enjoy the frugal goodness.
3. Please comment on the posts you visit. Show our participants "the love!"








No comments:

Post a Comment