Saturday, September 25, 2010

Granddaughter's Card


Today I am posting a card my oldest granddaughter created for her mom's birthday.  She has not done much stamping and I think she did a really nice job.  She went through the JustRite catalog and picked out a layout she really liked.  Her mom's two favorite colors are yellow and blue so she wanted to create a card using these colors.  She found a piece of design paper in my paper stash and worked from there. 

The birthday greeting is from the JustRite "Baroque Nested Frames" stamp set.  She used the largest frame twice - once going vertical and once horizontal.  She wanted to make some of my vellum flowers so I gave her a little demo on how to make them, then created her own.  I love that she put a vellum yellow center in the blue flower to carry out the color scheme.  A tiny yellow pearl was added to the center of each.  I am very proud of her beautiful card and I am sure her mom will love it.   Great job Alison.

All the products used for this card, except the design paper, is available from Joan's Gardens.

Have a wonderful weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment