Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My Favorite Paint Colors~

Hey y'all! Today I'm joining the "My Favorite Paint Colors" party over at 320 Sycamore!


This is what my kitchen looked like when we moved into the Shabby Nest...(yeah, so there's a mess all over the counter...just keepin' it real.)









And thanks to the magic of paint, this is what it looks like now...(these pictures were taken a long time ago, and I dare say I could take better ones now, but I'm just lazy enough not to...hope you'll all forgive me.)








These cute shelves replaced the ugly floating cabinet that was to the left of the window when we moved in...







This photo shows the black beadboard we added to the bar.



It's amazing what paint can do! I wanted a cottag-y feel in the kitchen so we chose Nantucket White by Ralph Lauren. It's a warm cream with slightly yellow undertones. It looks fabulous in any light, and really opened up the kitchen.




The walls are Cathedral Gray also from Ralph Lauren. Cathedral Gray is really more of a gray-green. It is neutral enough to blend with pretty much any palette but still adds interest to the walls.




The bar and the refrigerator surround are painted out in a true black. I adore the addition of black to the color scheme because it adds a lot of sophistication without being overpowering.



Hop over to 320 Sycamore and check out the favorite paint colors of others all over blogland!



Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment