Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Showers and Flowers

A good Tuesday morning to all.

Although we're approaching summer, what with the warmer weather and thoughts of graduation and all, according to the calendar it's really still Spring. So one last Spring card from me. I've made a tri-shutter card!!!

I'm always on the lookout for unusual/out-of-the-ordinary types of card to make. My sister directed me to a blog site (sorry, can't remember whose) showing a tri-shutter card. I was impressed. And the blogger has provided a link to a tutorial blog. So, of course I have to make one myself. And what's more, here is the current Challenge #8 at the Truly Scrumptious Challenge blog: "we'd like you to make a card that has more than one fold. Because there are so many different options for this challenge we don't have a sketch or a theme for you this time." What perfect timing!

I was searching for 2 Tilda images that I can put on the same card. Ones that relate to each other so that I can make a sort of 2-page story, if you know what I mean. Anyway, I've chosen these two from the Magnolia Chasing Butterfly collection: Tilda in Spring Rain and Tilda Picking Lilacs. The 2 Tildas looks like the same Tilda with the pigtails and all.

Here's the card. This is when you stand it up on a flat surface.

I've opened the card and put it flat on the table so you can see the entire card.


And when you close it, of course it's only one-third the size of the entire card. And this becomes the front of the card.

The sentiment is not from a stamp. I had it done with a computer and printer.


The tutorial on this is showing this as a Scrol-Pal project, so for those of you who have a scrol-pal, making this card will be very easy to do--a breeze. Since I don't have a scrol-pal (ahem...cough, cough), I went with the basic method of ruler and pencil--LOL. And I had to rework the measurements given in the tute anyway, so I can fit the 2 Tildas onto the card.

Here's the link to the tutorial if you want to make one yourself. Tri-Shutter card tutorial at Craftiblog.

I love this type of card. This was fun to do. Can't wait to make another one. I already have an idea for another one in my head. Thanks for stopping by. And I'd love for you leave a comment and tell me what you think of this card. Have a wonderful day!

Stamps: Magnolia Tilda in Spring Rain and Tilda Picking Lilacs.
DP: The Paper Loft Spring Fling - Spring Fever, Chatterbox Mini Loft Bias Plaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment