Saturday, June 27, 2009

Patriotic July

Happy Saturday everyone!

Ahh.. weekend. Two days of rest and relaxation. Hee hee hee... I can dream, can't I?

Since we're nearing the end of June and the first of July is just around the corner, I thought I had better finish this card pretty darn fast. I wanted to make this card for the July Home Page challenge at the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group.

A second tri-shutter card from me. (You can see Bonnie's tutorial for this type of card by clicking here.) The idea for this card was buzzing around in my head while I was making the first one. The theme is: Patriotic - Red White & Blue. So, okay...patriotic colours! Wellll...for me that would be just red and white! But I can make this work, since my colours are part of those 3 challenge colours. So, red white and blue for the folks south of the border. And red and white for us folks north of the 49th parellel.

Here's my card. What do you think? Appropriate, eh? LOL


I've flatten the card for picture taking so you can see what the entire card looks like.




As you can see I've used the Magnolia stamp of Tilda with Chicks pictured here (I think it's from the Easter 2009 collection, though I can't be sure). So there are chirping chicks hiding under those stars and maple leaves in Tilda's arms--LOL.

The small stars were made with a punch. The larger stars were hand-drawn, then cut out. All from white cardstock, then coloured with markers, washed with glue from a Glue Stickpen and then dipped in transparent glitter.

The maples leaves (small, medium and large) were punched from dark-red cardstock, then I used a stylus to curl them up.

The DP with the stars and stripes is Creative Imaginations double-sided paper (can't find a name for it). The DP with the maple leaves I've made using a wooden rubber stamp I got from Michaels for $1.50.

That's it. Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Canada Day and Independence Day, whichever one applies to you! And if neither applies, then Happy Summer!

(Oh, what a bummer that July 1st falls on a Wednesday! No long weekend for me. Rats!)

Stamps: Magnolia #336 Tilda with Chicks, Studio G Kolette Hall design maple leaves.
DP: Creative Imaginations

No comments:

Post a Comment