Thursday, June 25, 2009

Headboard Alternatives~

So I have been fretting about the lack of a headboard in my Master Bedroom. The hubby made me a beautiful headboard out of some doors a few years back, but ALAS in one of our moves it was more or less destroyed. I have been trying to come up with the perfect headboard idea ever since, and haven't quite settled on one.

So today I thought I'd share some alternative headboard inspiration I gathered over at Country Living!


So simple it's perfect! Love the idea of a collage above the bed. In this case it's botanicals, but it could be anything including photos, plates etc.
This photo isn't really my style, but I do like the idea of a pretty quilt above the bed...or it could be any great old textile.

I'm sure there's actually a headboard hidden behind those pillows, but what I was really interested in here are the curtains. A simple cornice over the bed with some great fabric draping down, maybe?



Oh yeah! Love this one. What a gorgeous mirror! The patina is incredible.


Okay, so there is actually a headboard in this photo as well, but what I like is the idea of a focal wall behind the bed. Maybe some beadboard or some weathered looking siding!
So I might just be forced to think outside the box, but isn't that when the most memorable rooms are created?
Have a great weekend~




No comments:

Post a Comment