Saturday, June 20, 2009

Peahes and Cream

Happy Sunday! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

This is the second card that I made for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge as a guest DT. And after just visiting their blog to see the posting, I realize that I goofed on this one. Ooooops, sorry, Kellie. How embarrasing is this!

The current challenge is a colour challenge, with a choice. You can do either…
Pink, Brown and Cream/White
Orange, Brown and Cream/White
Blue, Brown and Cream/White.

Well, as it turns out, I completely missed the brown part. I thought I would choose the colour combination that I haven't use before, which I thought would be orange and cream, just those 2 colours. Soooooo.... I don't have any brown at all on my card. I was even trying to keep it strictly in orange and cream, but I broke down at the last minute and added a bit of green. Maybe we can pretend the green is brown instead--LOL. Oh well, here's my card anyway.

I've used a vintage Tilda here, the Cross Stitch Tilda. I was able to find one DP with the right shade of orange that I wanted to use, but couldn't find another one. So I stamped my own DP as I do have a stamp ink pad with just that shade of orange to match. I used this for the 3 horizontal strips on the card. The colours of the card looks like orange and white in the pictures, but the white is really cream colour in real life.

Here's how I decorated the inside of the card.

Despite the goof-up, hope you like the card anyway. Thanks for dropping by.
Don't forget to visit the MDUC blog and see the fabulous cards from the DT members there.

Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful.

Stamps: Magnolia #254 Cross Stitch Tilda, Autumn Leaves clear stamp set Stampology Block Stamps 1.DP's: Chatterbox Sunny Flowers.
Stamp pad: Ranger Adirondack Brights dye-based ink pad Sunset Orange.
Tools: Martha Steward border punch and leave/branch punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment