Sunday, June 7, 2009

Edwin sitting on a wall

Happy Sunday morning to all! And it really is early Sunday morning here as it's 45 minutes after midnight--I'm a night owl. LOL). I'm posting my card for the Magnolia Down Under Challenge and I have to be conscious of the time difference as it's 17 hours ahead down under, so they're already approaching their evening hours. Wow.

This is my first card as a guest DT at MDUC--woo hoo! Thank you again Kellie for this opportunity. The challenge has been switched to a fortnight one now instead of weekly. I'll be a guest DT for the next 4 challenges.

Please visit the MDUC blog and see the wonderful creations made by the DT members there. Kellie's theme for this week's challenge is: All about a Boy.

I took that to mean that we have to use an Edwin image instead of a Tilda. Not a hard choice for me, as I only have 2 Edwin stamps-LOL. I know, I know, I have to get more Edwins!!! I've only used one of my Edwins, so for this card I'm using the one that I haven't used. It's the Traveler Edwin. And this is the card.

Don't you just love that brick wall? It's a Magnolia stamp. It's one of the stamps that I purchased in my very first order from Magnolia-licous, though I've never used it before in any of my cards. And oooh, this is actually very nice to use. It's so versatile! You can put any sitting Tilda or Edwin on this brick wall. I must use it more!!! I've chosen to colour the bricks as cement bricks here, instead of using terra cotta, so that the colours won't jar with the other cool colours of this card. I've also added some clouds from the summer background stamp. Hhmm... had to do a bit of masking there.

I've decorated the inside of my card this way.

That's it! Hope the rest of you weekend is worry-free.

Stamps: Magnolia #114 Traveller Edwin, #506 Brick Wall,
DP: Making Memories Scroll dark navy Heritage collection, Chatterbox Vacation Squares and Night Den Stripes.
Tools: Fiskars border punch Rope.

No comments:

Post a Comment