Thursday, June 4, 2009

Frugal Friday~

For today's Frugal Friday we're talking drop cloths and burlap! Doesn't that sound elegant? Well you might just be surprised.

I'm sure many of you have seen Layla's drop cloth drapes. Well, here's my drop cloth tablecloth! And see those pretty plaid drapes in the background? Love them. But they're a little winter-y... so they are going to be replaced with drop cloths one of these days soon! In the meantime one dropcloth measuring approximately 5' x 8' makes a perfect tablecloth and only costs $9.99 at the big home improvement stores.



And to give the table a little texture and interest I added this burlap runner. (Do you like how I ironed the tablecloth and runner for you all? I aim to impress! ha!) I added this little monogram "H" using photo transfer paper (what else?) I wouldn't recommend using it on burlap if you're going to a do a large design, but for my small monogram it was perfect! The whole runner probably cost me about $2.00. Not bad, huh?


Now maybe I should go iron out those wrinkles ;-) I mean the ones on the table cloth...too bad I can't just do that to my crow's feet. ;-)

Have a great weekend~

No comments:

Post a Comment