Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Girl's Dream Bedroom - Auction Chair Progress













What a gorgeous day to do a little work in the backyard, on the auction chairs that is. So out to the patio they went and I began sanding the frames, while the dog and kids played. What an improvement over winter, when this task would have found me in a damp and chilly garage!

Marvin at Kepler's Upholstery & Custom Furniture almost convinced me to stain rather than paint the frames. After sanding I applied a quick coat of walnut stain and it looked horrible...just tired looking. At the same time my first painting attempt, covering the wood with a heavy coat, didn't look so inspiring either.

After some experimentation, I ended up painting a couple light layers with a quick sanding in between, creating a distressed and weathered look. I like it, a bit Swedish. Paired with a delectable pale turquoise velvet the combination will be...delicious!

Now I just need to find a couple hours to finish the second chair and get them back to Kepler's for the rest of their make over...













p.s. Don't forget to enter the Summer Primer Give Away by leaving a comment on the post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment