Monday, June 22, 2009

Inspire-Me Tuesday~

Here's a fun and easy idea to give that little table that's hanging out in your basement a new lease on life.
Photo from BHG.com



This sweet little table below actually came from the family ranch where my father-in-law spent his childhood summers. The hubby and I inherited it from his grandma many years ago. I love it! It is a sturdy little thing that was probably made out of scrap wood at one point. I wanted to use it as a side table in our bedroom, but it was looking a little worse for the wear. I wanted to dress it up a little bit, so I just added some pretty tan linen to the top with nothing more than some upholstery tacks.




I cut the fabric a little larger than the table top.




Then all I did was fold the raw edges under and wrap the fabric around the table top.




I secured it on the sides with upholstery tacks. Making nice tight "hospital" folds at the corners.






That's it!




I didn't want to spend any money on this project so I just used upholstery tacks I had lying around, but I plan on dressing the look up even further in the future by purchasing the "rope" tacks to fill in the gaps - like the table in the inspiration picture. But for now I think it looks great!


Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment