Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Sunflower #2

Hello!

I haven't been very productive this week, but I finally got one card finished. I was trying to get this done earlier tonight, but kept getting distracted by the Michael Buble show that was on TV--I just luvvv…that guy. He's such a funny guy…and that voice! (Sigh.)



Anyway, this card was made using Beatrix's sketch for the Friday Sketchers Challenge # 57. Wonderful sketch! Thanks, Bea.

And… at the Just Magnolia challenge, for their week #10, "Our challenge this week is "Summer" - so any project that is inspired by Summer is what we are looking for."

If you ask me to name a summer flower, my first response would probably be sunflower. Sunflowers make me think of a time when I was cycling around Europe through fields and fields of sunflowers (this was in France, I think). It was such a lovely sight. Ah, those were the days. (Another sigh.) Okay, getting back! Of course, the obvious choice of a Magnolia image for this is the Tilda with Sunflower. What else!

(The colours look a bit weird in the pictures. In real life, the colours, especially the orange aren't so glaring--a bit more pastel/softer.)

Check out the sunflowers I made. The flower centre is made using a circle-with-zigzag-edges punch by Anna Griffin. I punched out a circle from brown cardstock. Then I criss-crossed black embroidery thread across it to form those little black squares. Can't think where, but I must have seen this done somewhere.

The inside of my card …

That's all folks! Nighty night. Time for some ZZZZZZ……..

(PS. I actually only managed to get this posted the morning after.)

Stamps: Magnolia #284 Tilda With Sunflower. DP's: My Mind's Eye Bloom Grow "Grow" Funky Vines and Checking Out.

No comments:

Post a Comment