Monday, June 15, 2009

Curb Appeal~

It doesn't matter how much work you put into the interior of your home if people don't like the exterior, you've probably already lost them. Curb appeal is very important when it comes to selling a home.



I didn't have much of a budget to perk up the exterior of my home. So here are my low cost/no cost tips to spruce up your curb appeal.


1. Mow your lawn. Duh. Nothing is more unappealing than a lawn full of weeds. If your home is on the market you are probably going to want to mow your lawn a little more often than usual. (Keep in mind that if you live in a dry climate you'll want to make sure you keep your lawn sufficiently watered if you're cutting it often otherwise you'll end up with a brown lawn which is almost as bad as one full of weeds.)

2. Take care of your landscaping. I have a lot of planting beds around my home. I didn't have a budget for new mulch etc. But what I did do was rearrange some of my perrennials so my flower beds looked fuller and balanced. Then the day of a showing, I always rake my planter beds to loosen up the soil and make it look a little darker, more moist and more like mulch.


3. Paint your doors or any trim that may need it. You don't need to change the color, but a fresh coat of paint makes everything look crisper.


4. Add some color. Hanging plants, new flowers in your beds, potted flowers on your doorstep. These things make your home look inviting and say "come on in!" I did invest in some new hanging flowers for the stakes on either side of my front door. They add just the right pop of color!




Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment