Friday, June 26, 2009

Master Bedroom Retreat - Artwork


The last time I posted about the Master Bedroom Retreat I hinted about a future project relating to the area taped out above the bed frame. The tape was used to determine the dimensions for a long and narrow canvas to be custom ordered from French Canvas. This single large piece of artwork will be the final touch for the sophisticated retreat.


The canvas arrived, but a blank canvas can be very intimidating...

...so I called in my reinforcements to help jump start the project.












I know who has the real talent in the family! (This is actually fun. Go to Michaels with your 40% off a single item coupon, buy yourself a canvas, and see if you can create a little personal art yourself!)













Yesterday I swung by the client's home with the art in progress, to make certain it worked in the space...wow. I have to say I felt extreme relief at how great the canvas looked in the room. It is a focal point that pulls the room together. This Master Bedroom Retreat is nearly complete...looking forward to showing the final result, as soon as I finish the painting!

Okay, the clock is ticking, just two more days to enter my Summer Primer Give Away! Just leave a comment on the Give Away post below. Good luck! Janell

No comments:

Post a Comment