Thursday, June 17, 2010

Frugal Friday~

Hello folks! Welcome to this week's edition of Frugal Friday! I have kind of a funny project for you today...so let me explain first. You see, our out-of-town family starts arriving this weekend. Yes, the first of our summer visitors arrive Sunday...and then we'll be having house guests on and off for the next 7 weeks. I'M SO EXCITED!

So for the past few days, all I have been doing is cleaning and laundry. Laundry and cleaning.


But I did have a pinch of extra time to go the local nursery and buy some flowers for the front planter beds. And while I was there I picked up this sweet little succulent plant. Um, yes...this little plant IS my Frugal Friday project this week...ta da!



Okay, there's a bit more to it than that. Below is the console/buffet that sits in our dining area. It has been the bain of my decorating existence since we moved in. I love the piece. I need the storage. But, for the life of me, I can't accessorize the thing. (Well, that and I've decided there is entirely TOO MUCH black going on in that corner...so that will soon be changing....maybe that's next week's Frugal Friday project. But I digress...)


In an effort to add a little color to that boring corner, I took my little succulent plant and repotted it in this pretty sunshine-y yellow glazed pot.



Then I pulled out a lovely robin's egg blue plate and put them together. And voila! a little summer sunshine right there in that boring corner. (Still needs a little sumthin' sumthin' though). So there you have it...a funny, little Frugal Friday.




Now it's your turn!

You know "da rules"...

1. Please link directly to your post and not just to your blog.
2. Please link back to The Shabby Nest so that others can enjoy the frugal goodness.
3. Comment, comment, comment. Show our participants the love!






No comments:

Post a Comment