Tuesday, June 29, 2010

House Beautiful: Favorite Paint Colors~

Along with my subscription to House Beautiful, I received their fabulous bookazine entitled
" 500 Favorite Paint Colors". It has been a really intriguing read...seriously. If you love design...and color...or even if your a beige and white fan, you'll really enjoy this!


It is essentially a collection of favorite paint colors from real designers...not just paint manufacturers. And the photographs are gorgeous.



I sure wish I could get away with a pink room in my house..aren't these just amazing?


And black....there's seems to be an increase in the use of black walls in decorating...they don't have to be scary. Black is amazingly sophisticated, and not necessarily dark or dreary. Check out this living room...dare I use the word "bright" with the color black? In this room, the answer could just be "yes".




I had a periwinkle purple room when I was 8 years old...I must admit, I've never thought of it as being sophisticated, but in the room above? Absolutely lovely and sophisticated.




There is even a section about colorful neutrals. I found this section to be very intriguing. In the photo above, the lavendar is used as a neutral. And I think it totally works. In the words of Jeffrey Bilhuber, "Lavendar is the new beige. From lilac to amethyst, it's an extraordinary neutral and great unifier - a soothing, peaceful color that is timeless." Other colors they suggest using as neutrals...pale pink, blue-gray, even peach. Gives neutral a whole new spin, huh?
I just might never look at color the same way again.
And remember back in April when the Princess and I participated in Justin Hackworth's 30 Strangers project? If you're a Utah local, Justin is having his 30 Strangers Project show this weekend in Provo. We'll be there checking out his amazing photography. You can get more information here.
Linky Love is up tomorrow...
Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment