Monday, June 28, 2010

Imitation Is The Highest Form Of Flattery...

...and today I am copying a great little idea over at Home To Three Duncan Boys!

New bedding is in order for the master bedroom, and truly, I find the prices of linens just shocking. Perhaps I've never had the pleasure of sleeping on high thread count sheets, and so simply don't understand their value. If you are one of those fortunate people who have, try to have tolerance for my ignorance as I tell you where I shopped for new sheets and a bedskirt. I've been quite happy with the bedding purchased at Ikea for Max's Bedroom, and the prices...well, you know they are good! So I returned there for our bedroom.


I had some vague idea to dress up the bedskirt, but hadn't given it much thought. Then I read this post at Home To Three Duncan Boys...ding, ding, ding!! This is it, I thought, I am so completely copying Lakeitha. I had forgotten about Stitch Witchery, what a great product. By using it, this project got done in under an hour.


With the headboard fabric as inspiration, I picked up a wide grosgrain ribbon in brown to run along the lower edge of the bedskirt. Nice and simple, but just enough interest to elevate this piece of bedding.


This could not be easier to do. Simply lay out the trim with the stitch witchery placed between the trim and bedskirt. Then iron on.


I worked my way around the entire edge of the bedskirt, tucking the ribbon around to the backside of the bedskirt at each end.


To simplify things even more, the stitching of the bedskirt hem was used as a guideline for the the placement of the trim. This left a thin line of fabric below the ribbon, creating a look that ties back to the Bocce fabric.


Afterwards the pleats were pressed down and the bedskirt placed on the bed. Thanks for your inspiration, Lakeitha!


Then look what caught my eye! More on this tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment