Friday, June 25, 2010

White Christmas

Hello! Happy Friday, June 25th!

Time for another card for the Magnolia-licious Christmas All Year Long Group of the Magnolia-licious Yahoo Group. This is my June Christmas card for our monthly blog hop. If you would like to follow the hop, the start is at Julie's blog (thanks to Julie for once again organizing this). If you're already following the blog hop, you would have come here from Monique's blog.


I like doing white-on-white cards--it's just hard to show it properly in pictures...LOL. I also made this card for the Die Cut Dreams Christmas Club Challenge #22 - All White Christmas.

I've used this wonderful sketch created by Tina for Stamp With Fun Challenge 64.

At Magnolia Down Under, their theme for Challenge #51 is Embossing. The background paper I used is dry-embossed with vines, but you can hardly see them due to the all white. And what's more, I've covered them all up...LOL. but I've used the paper in the inside of my card, so you can see the embossing better there, I think. (I missed you guys!!!)


I've added glitter to Tilda's wings and halo.
And I've tried something new. For the computer-generated sentiment, I've covered it up with sugar beads (have you used them?). I did this to tone it down a bit, so that the black printing isn't so blatant among all the whites.

Your next stop in the blog hop is at Peggie's blog.

Thanks for dropping by. Your visit is very much appreciated. Enjoy the rest of the hop and have a wonderful weekend....woo hoooo!!!


Stamps: Magnolia Sparkling Tilda and Tilda as Christmas Angel from the So Jolly & Underthe Mistletoe 2009 Collection. Sentiment is computer generated.
DP: Embossed Vine White cardstock from Michaels.
Tools: Martha Stewart Lattice border and corner punches, McGill Holly punch.
Misc.: Mark Richards Pearls, Vintage Attic Treassures pearls, ribbons from my stash, sugar beads.






No comments:

Post a Comment