Monday, June 14, 2010

This I Love: Super Simple (and clever!) Table Setting

First off, I wanted to thank everyone for your sweet birthday wishes. I had a wonderful day! Lunch with lovely friends, a lazy afternoon at the pool with the kiddos (complete with the season's first sunburn - for me, not the kiddos, thank heavens - guess I'm better at putting sunblock on them than on myself), then we all piled on the downstairs sofa for a movie night. Summer at its best!

Isn't this image charmingly celebratory? by Lauren Drew





And speaking of that sunny season...

I know summer has officially set in when the family starts to arrive. I just love the fact that summer brings with it an endless array of visitors. Family that we don't get to see and spend time with that often. People that we just love to be around!

Because I want to spend every precious moment with my loved ones, but still want them to feel doted on...I am constantly on the lookout for super easy entertaining ideas. I happened upon this darling table setting idea a while back and was smitten....


How easy would this be to pull off? And how clever besides? I just adore it...especially the hand drawn placemats/placecards all in one....too cute! (Wish I could remember where I found this...if anyone knows, please leave me a note in the comments...give credit where credit is due, I always say.)
EDITED TO ADD: Lots of people asking what the scissors are for...it seems to me that I remember the table being for some sort of crafting luncheon...but since I didn't save the link (my bad) I can't remember either. :-)


Have a great day~

No comments:

Post a Comment